Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OCC=Out of Control Couponing!!!

Ok, so this week I have went to a whole new level of couponing. My friend Shani is just getting in to couponing really big now. I love that a have a new coupon buddy that is just a crazy if not crazier than me. So she was asking me how she could get a lot of newspapers. I said, I get 4 each week and they are running a special now so it is a good time to get them, you could ask neighbors to save theirs, fellow co-workers or get them as Albertsons or Walgreen's on Monday because they are only $1.00 each. Then I called her a while later and said I haven't done this before but I have heard that is great fun and I think we need to do it. Yes DUMPSTER DIVING!

We found just the right dumpster!!

Coupons everywhere!!
No it is not as bad as you think. It is just in the paper recycle bin.
We went to one not too far from my house, I am sure that neighbors probably saw me jump and and just shook their head. And if you did see me remember you have to find your own dumpster. That one is spoken for!! Just as Shani reached her hand in SCORE a coupon insert. We rummaged through for a minute and that just wasn't good enough. I opened the lid and jumped it.

Making ourselves comfortable on loads of coupons!!


It wouldn't be dumpster diving if I didn't. Shani soon followed me. We scored!! I have never had so many coupons in my life. We probably found at least 50 inserts.

Mounds and mounds of coupons were found!

We also found reading material!

And box tops to help out our schools! Maybe even the school that we were digging through their dumpster.

We look through them fast for the great detergent coupon that was for $2.25 off and ran to Albertsons. The sale ended today and we just had to get more dish soap. The 12 that I already bought this week isn't enough. We got 6 detergent and that are normally $3.25-$4.00 each for only $1.40 great deal.
So now you are probably asking what I did with Aleena? Well she knows all about coupons and helps me get them out of the paper each week. She waited in the car next to the dumpster and eat her dinner while watching a kids show.

and What does Nate think of all of this? He thinks that we are crazy, rolls his eyes and looks the other way. If he ever passed a dumpster with a crazy lady in it while on duty I think that he would just feel bad for her husband. By the way I don't think any of this is against the law.

7 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

Naomi- you are so dang funny! You have enough energy and "balls" for a dozen women. I think that you are awesome. Let me know if you are having a "Store". I want some screamin deals.

love ya! Sonny

Naomi said...

alison, maybe I will have the store the weekend that we do the craft day. What do you think?

Unknown said...

Naomi, I am trying to be shocked but I have known you too long and I think it was inevitable. Way to go & I am sure Aleena will love telling her therapist about the time her mom dived into the dumpster for coupons. You crack me up. Thanks for sharing & thanks for the great pictures!!

Grant and Alli said...

Ummmmm..I decided were no longer friends anymore!! I thought I was your BFF coupon partner:( Oh well I guess its over...and I'll just throw all my coupons and hope away! P.S.maybe I'll let you and Shani know where I throw them away:) It was fun while it lasted..

Alison Daugs said...

Are you still up for a craft day? I don't know if any one else is planning on it. Did you want to order something? The deadline is the 28th. I took the slideshow off because my blog is getting a lot of pictures and it is taking forever to upload.

Miriam and Heather mentioned that they might be interested. I'll check with them. Oct. 18th for now!

Shani said...

I love how Alli is such a drama queen. Alli, we have not banned you entirely, just demoted you. There is still time to redeem yourself.

The Tubaugh's said...

Hee hee, that is soo....you! I got a huge laugh at this and I needed it! I miss you so much!

Site meter -adoptionblog