Monday, January 12, 2009

Coupon crazy year!!

I know that I haven't posted forever and I do have so much to update, write and share. But I am just cleaning out the office and realized that I haven't posted my savings for the year.
My goal for last year was to keep track of all of my recipts. (not including out-to-eat or gas). I did a really great job I may have missed some here and there but for the most part I did great. On each recipt I would write total bill $ and total Saving $. At the end of each month I would put them in a folder and add it up. I also kept track of how much I made at yard sales, on-line and selling coupon stuff to my family and friends.

This total includes all of my groceries, rebates, cleaning items, bathroom products, cloths for Aleena and I (and some of nates) Christmas, and many extras. Each month I wrote down some of my extras this is not everything that I bought this is just SOME of the extra things. Things that I sold to family members, gave as presents or charity, or sold at a yard sale.
28 panties
7 bath & body lip gloss
31 hair things
150 packs of batteries
455 soap/shampoo/lotion
45 nail polish or art
24 cookie mixes
41 medicine
100 cereal
44 cleaners
20 ziploc bags
55 toothpaste/brushes
25 deotorant
35 savers
7 bath&body walflowers
80 pd chicken
170 make-up
vacuum
20 paper plates
4 cases powerade
20 bag choc chip
27 extra packs of diapers
sams club membership
50 fiber one bars
120+ 12 pack pop (yes we drink alot)
25 bags of candy



Ok are you ready!!!!!
Total spent for the year of 2008 $3360.74

Total earned for yard sale, online and family $1660.00


And My total saving for the year $17,698.31

7 comments:

Kyle Hess said...

Naomi you rock, what more is there to say. I think I whom is known as the coupon queen could has much to learn from you.

Kyle Hess said...

MaRea Hess

Miriam Lee said...

Hey Toop--after you list what you earned at yard sales, etc. You should put a new total spent for the year. And folks--do you realize this is EVERYTHING she spent!!! ALL GROCERIES and household stuff!! This is incredible!!!

Rach said...

ALL I can say is WOW!!!! Where do you get your coupons? Are you getting them from the internet, newspaper, of in the mail? Maybe you can do a blog on the sites you can get your coupons{maybe} ok please thanks. And again WOW!!

Naomi said...

I get my coupons from everywhere. I get 4 newspapers and print from the internet. I have also dumpster dived when there is really good sales.

Unknown said...

Okay when are you coming to my house to train me on cutting coupons without going crazy, I'll let you hold Charlee for free!! You are soo my hero.

Pate said...

I idolize you! That is just mind-blowing! How cool is that, though. I really need to take some notes.

Site meter -adoptionblog